Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need someone to repair a toy light flash gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

toledohockey

Hello.
I am not an electronic wizard. I can solder some, but don't have the knowledge or specific tools to repair things.
Anyway, I have this older toy gun that basically is a camera flash tube inside it. I'm not sure what is wrong with it, but I'd like to look into having someone rebuild it to make it work. It's pretty cool inside. You pull back the hammer and that charges the capacitor, then when you pull the trigger, it flashes a light, which activates the target.
It runs on 2 AA batteries.
Would anyone have any suggestions on where to get it repaired or if someone on here wants to do it for a price?
Thanks,
Tom

Edit: Removed personal email address. To contact this person please use "Start Conversion" under users name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on feedback I am in Cleveland (Burbs). I could likely look at it but no guarantee or promises. Sometimes old toys like this can be repaired but sometimes they use one time custom parts. I don't charge for things like this but do it more out of amusement. I would think you could fine someone local to the Toledo area.

Ron

What is the name of this toy gun? I think i know what you're talking about? My email is

Edit: Removed personal email address. To contact this person please use "Start Conversion" under users name

What is the name of this toy gun? I think i know what you're talking about? My email is Edit: Removed personal email address. To contact this person please use "Start Conversion" under users name

1. The thread is over 2 years old. I would guess the problem is solved by now. :)
2. It is unwise to place your email address in forum threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back