Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need someone to build me a timer box

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatSplat

So, here's the deal... I have zero knowledge in the electronics area, so I need someone to create a turn key solution for me. I have an indoor paintball field, <MOD EDIT: Link removed> and I want to take a yellow pelican box, like one of these https://cloudfront.zoro.com/product/full/3UZT2_AS01.JPG
3UZT2_AS01.JPG

And dress it up with a big button and a large led count down timer, and some an amp and speaker, all driven from battery power.

So the goal is, a small on / off / reset button on it... The referee sets this down at one end of the field, and tells the players they have 3 minutes to disarm the bomb to save their team. Only problem is, people are shooting at you when you are trying to get to the box. (BTW, I've used these boxes on our paintball field, with prizes in them... they can get shot all day long and won't get hurt. Very tough, and a paintball won't damage them.

So, Ideally, a speaker internally, or I guess we could RF out to an external sound system... Starts a recording... some spacey music, and a diabolical voice, "You have 3 minutes to disarm the suitcase... Go!" exciting music.. counter with big LED display, (covered by thick Plex) showing countdown on top cover of box... "2 minutes left..." "10, 9, 8 ,7 ... Boom! Explosion..."

Unless of course, one of the players gets to the box and hits the big button on the outside, that then plays the "You saved the world!" Fan fare and freezes the display at 23 seconds left...

So, hopefully, you get the idea, and this is something someone can give me a quote on. Obviously, cooler the better.. ability to toggle between 4 different messages, change timer settings to 5 minutes for one game... 3 for the next, etc.

If this sounds like a project someone would like to take on, please email me at <MOD EDIT: Email removed> or give us a shout at gatsplat.. number on the web site.

Thanks!

Larry

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings, Larry, and welcome to ETO!

I have removed the link to your site and your email address as they border on being spam. I can tell you have good intentions though, so I am leaving the rest of the post intact. You can ask questions and receive answers here on the forum--no need to resort to email or a website.

Anyway, good luck on the project!
Best wishes,
Matt

Thanks.. sorry about that... I own a forum for scuba as well.. wasn't sure all your rules.. appreciate you leaving the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back