Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need some info on LCD screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

oni666

I am starting on a personal project, building a device that can display movies downloaded from a PC onto either a flash disk or mini-laptop disk as well as play standard mp3s, etc. If anyone can help I need some information about how much a small color lcd/tft screen would cost (maybe 4" or less). Any links to websites for information about actually programming the display (e.g. displaying pixels with color) would greatly be appreciated.

Bump

Does anyone know anything about TFTs or LCD screens, specifically where to buy them and how to draw to them?

You need eBay... there is a multitude of small LCD screens on there, both working and faulty.

oni666 said:
I am starting on a personal project, building a device that can display movies downloaded from a PC onto either a flash disk or mini-laptop disk as well as play standard mp3s, etc. If anyone can help I need some information about how much a small color lcd/tft screen would cost (maybe 4" or less). Any links to websites for information about actually programming the display (e.g. displaying pixels with color) would greatly be appreciated.

Arer you willing to pay international shipping rates or as I suspect would tou like a more local source :p

This one I found at a warehouse just around the block from me. See I told you it was easy to find stuff. And it's now even easier with Ebay.

look down to the $15 one. Thats about $12US.

Atmel is my next stop with these babies. :twisted:

edit: woops here the website:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back