Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need some help with my combat robot

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to provide more information than that! You could put 1 inch thick case hardened steel plates on it, but it wouldn't be able to move.

my bad

something light weight metal or something.

Attachments

• robo2.jpg
    robo2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 295
Armor needs to be strong, light weight metal does not mean strong. If you need really light weight, and want real weight for strength while keeping it as small as possible use corrugated plastic board. The stuff is JUST like the normal cardboard you've seen, but made out of plastic. Place alternating layers 90 degrees apart from each other and make it as thick as you want. For it's weight it will last longer than anything else, against anything except a puncture style attack, and even that would have to have some decent force behind it to penetrate it if it's using cross linked plastics.
The vague clue I got from the picture was that it was twice the size of a human hand and light enough to be held up in it without stress.

I can't figure out what the picture is of....... all I see is a white thing, wood paneling and a hand:confused: Mabey try some brighter light.

Those aren't really any better. Any large craft store should sell corrugated plastic board, it's usually next to the plasticard and other raw materials in larger stores.

Looks like an errector set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back