Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need some help with a project

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryand2

hey everyone i just recently modified an old vivitar 2000 flash to create a magnetic pulser. i created a coil by using an air core inductor and wiring 2 leads to it. I removed one wire off one end of the flash tube and then wired one of the leads from the coil to the flash tube. the other lead i wired to the single wire i removed from the flash tube. it was working for about a week before the flash tube blew up. I need to redesign this thing so that it creates a stronger magnetic pulse, when i tested it at school it onyl read 122 gauss, if thats what 122 on the gause meter meant. anyways any ideas on what to replace the flash with to get between 20,000 and 40,000 gauss?

magnetic pulser

honostly i dont know, it was one the physics lab at school had, basically the coil is creating a moving magnetic field the whole objective is to create enough gauss to penetrate the body, roughly 4-6 inches deep, i have a feeling it is creating more than 122 gauss because when i hold it 6-8 inches from my TV and discharge the pulse, it screws up the color on my tv, but i have no idea what the ohm of the human body is either

Use the magnetic field on your colour TV to compare fields.
Get a coil and supply DC to it and see the result at 1m or 2m and then compare it to the pulse of the other coil.
I think the gauss meter is too slow at taking a reading.
The coil will be producing an enormous field if you pump 100v in to it.

i did that, it screws the color on the TV from about 6 inches away, and the unit runs on 4 AA batteries i really dont have a way to apply more DC to it, if its messing the color on the TV up from 6-8 inches away how much gauss would you estimate its producing?

i did that, it screws the color on the TV from about 6 inches away, and the unit runs on 4 AA batteries i really dont have a way to apply more DC to it, if its messing the color on the TV up from 6-8 inches away how much gauss would you estimate its producing?

If its an old style TV tube, dont place a magnet close to it.!

The degaussing coils work every time you turn on the TV. Don't worry about magnetising the "screen" (the metal screen just behind the phosphor dots on the back of the face of the tube).

There is no way you can tell the strength of the coil. It's just a comparative test.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back