Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need some help please - not sure what's wrong with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NTB98

I'm currently trying to repair the controller of a Wii U game console.

For those that don't know, the controller is known as the game pad, and features a large touch screen display in the centre.

Something fell onto the screen and dented the screen.
It was only a small dent, but it managed to throw the calibration right off, and made any touch input to the screen go way off and rendered it un-usable.

The Screen was still fully lit - no dead pixels. So I figured and hoped that it was a problem with the digitizer only.
I bought a new digitizer and it came today.
I disassembled the handset and installed the new screen.

After powering it up, everything worked but the new digitizer it's self - dispite being a brand new digitizer with now dents or anything, it wasn't registering at all apart from on one click.

So I'm not really sure what's going on.
The digitizer and screen are connected to the main board via two ribbon cables - one larger long one that connects the LCD, and a small and thin one that connects the digitizer.

My fear is that, upon installation, that ribbon cable connecting the digitizer has been damaged.

What I wanted to ask was what a damaged ribbon cable looks like?

Thanks very much for your time.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    794.7 KB · Views: 217
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    972 KB · Views: 227
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back