Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need some help on resetting the 74LS90N ic in a digital clock circuit....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanggang

i did a digital clock circuit and need some help in resetting the 74LS90 IC.i know that the 74LS90 can be reset when a HIGH input is connected to pin2 and pin3..but in my clock circuit..i had to connect a AND gate to the pin2 and pin3 as i want the second IC in the following picture to only count from 0 until 5 (the tenth part to count the seconds)...hope someone could help me here...i need help to reset the second IC in the following pic which counts from 0till 5....

Attachments

• seconds counter.JPG
    seconds counter.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 2,897
The AND gate is not needed. You just need to set the second IC as to mod 6. To do that connect pin 2 to pin 9 and pin 3 to pin 8 and it will count 0 to 5 and reset to zero. As for resetting the IC, you should be able to input the high to pins 2 and 3 even when connected to other pins or gates.

The AND gate is not needed....

Welcome Goldwolf. Nice suggestion. However, the original posting was back in 2009. Chances the OP has moved on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back