Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need some help for my project

Status
Not open for further replies.

beginner2

hello all

I am currently undergoing a project of the title "design and construction of a probe system".

i have to design the probe system based on an optical fiber link...and have to link the controllable probe to a PC through fiber optics.

the PC is used to control the movement of the probe by issuing commands to a microcontroller on the probe system. and the probe will send information back to the PC so that user at the PC can see the environment capture by the camera.

the probe as suggested is using a webcam and 8051-family microcontroller shall be used.

i have sketch the block diagram for the RS232 interface at the PC side, the optical transceiver and the DC motor.

my question is
1.how am i going to connect the camera to the 8051 uC so that the signal can be send through the optical trasnmitter.the video quality wanted here is just monochrome video.No color video involved.
2.is it appropriate to used the 8051 microcontroller?
3.what is the memory needed to store the monochrome video and type of signal used by the monochrome video?

can i just connect the camera to the ADC, and connect the ADC straight to the 8051 uC and signal from 8051 just send through the optical transmitter?

hope brothers and sisters here can provide some precious information to me.
Thanks.

beginner2 said:
pls can someone give me some comment or advise?
i really running out of idea

Aren't those questions best answered by your project supervisor? Remember they are being paid each month for doing just that. They may not be able to tell you exactly what to do but at least they can point you in the right direction. What's left is a bit of Googling to find the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back