Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need some help designing an UV exposure box...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybe

Was planning to make a double sided UV exposure box in the holidays, but I am a bit unsure om how to wire the different components.
I have made a wiring diagram but I am not sure it is correct, would be very happy for any feeback :)

Attachments

• uv_skjema.gif
    uv_skjema.gif
    10.9 KB · Views: 747
You need to connect all of them in parallel, as below. Don't forget to add a switch in series with the hot side of the mains.

Attachments

• uv_skjema1.gif
    uv_skjema1.gif
    12.6 KB · Views: 734
Ok, But I se u have placed ballast on all UV lamps... but if I use a ballast on 30W I would be able to use it on two UV lamps shouldn't I?
With the hot side u mean where the positive voltage comes in?

Made a diagram to show what I meant that I could have 2 lamps per ballast, this is a wiring diagram I found in the datasheet for the product.
The ballast is on 30W while the UV tubes is at 15W each...
I am working on a diagram for 8 UV tubes but since I made to delete the last one I had to start from scracth :mrgreen:

edit: oops... that drawing is not correct the starter is not linked to both pins on the UV tube on the left upper field... it should only go to the lower pin...

Attachments

• uv_boks_2_lysr_r.jpg
    uv_boks_2_lysr_r.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 718
I think All the pics will work if the wattages are correct.

Heres another pic that might work too.

Attachments

• likethis1.gif
    likethis1.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 688
cybe said:
Made a diagram to show what I meant that I could have 2 lamps per ballast, this is a wiring diagram I found in the datasheet for the product.
The ballast is on 30W while the UV tubes is at 15W each...
I am working on a diagram for 8 UV tubes but since I made to delete the last one I had to start from scracth :mrgreen:

edit: oops... that drawing is not correct the starter is not linked to both pins on the UV tube on the left upper field... it should only go to the lower pin...
Can you post the URL for that datasheet? I can't imagine why you would want to connect tubes in series (as you have drawn them).

Of course... should have linked to it in the start...

https://www.elfa.se/pdf/33/03381217.pdf

I am a bit unsure how to connect those because in the datashet as far as I can se it doesn't stand where the power goes on the ballast...
And it seems like I should use capacitors when i use several togethers...

It is BTA 30L31 ballast wich I thought I use, it is a 30W ballast and I then use 15W UV tubes.

Edit: Edited some spelling errors

I did a little research and was reminded that, since fluorescent tubes are negative resistance devices, they cannot be paralleled off one ballast. However, they can be in series on 220V mains, but not on 110V mains. So... You should probably put pairs of them in series. Don't forget the switch.

Attachments

• uv_skjema2.gif
    uv_skjema2.gif
    13 KB · Views: 662
That looks more right yes :D

Thx alot :)

One last question I think, if u se on the datashet the ballast got four connection pins (any more than two and I am confused :p), anyway what I wondered is wich pins to use. I guess it is the two outer pins (on each side) but I am far from sure...

I will draw the "final" layout a little later today witch will includes switches and so on (I know of a pretty good diagram for a timer switch wich I know works, if I can get the I guess I use it...).

cybe said:
That looks more right yes :D

Thx alot :)

One last question I think, if u se on the datashet the ballast got four connection pins (any more than two and I am confused :p), anyway what I wondered is wich pins to use. I guess it is the two outer pins (on each side) but I am far from sure...

I will draw the "final" layout a little later today witch will includes switches and so on (I know of a pretty good diagram for a timer switch wich I know works, if I can get the I guess I use it...).
They have two pins per node so you can connect another wire if need be (as in Figs 2 & 4). You can use either one on each side.

Now I am finished with the diagram I think :) I added 2 switches, one for main power and the other to switch between double sided exposure and singlesided.

Attachments

• uv_boks_en.gif
    uv_boks_en.gif
    15.1 KB · Views: 705
cybe said:
Now I am finished with the diagram I think :) I added 2 switches, one for main power and the other to switch between double sided exposure and singlesided.
Looks good to me. Don't call me if you get sunburned or electrocuted. :roll: Of course, you won't be able to call me if you are electrocuted.

Ron H said:
cybe said:
Looks good to me. Don't call me if you get sunburned or electrocuted. :roll: Of course, you won't be able to call me if you are electrocuted.

LOL :?

I should manage not to get electrocuted since I dun wire as long as the power is conected (I am not that newb...), dun think sun burned is a problem either since I am going to build it inside a suit case (made of wood). I see if I post a picture of it when I am finished :)

Thought I come with some update if somebody else thinking of using this diagram or not (they propably want to know if I got electrofried or not :p). I got a bit delayed because of some others thing I had to use the christmas on so therefore I started om working on it last saturday, and I am soon finished and it is working ond both sides :D
Thanks alot for the help!

edit:type errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back