Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need some help choosing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Mike

As the old saying goes, don't knock it 'til you try it.

I'm not suggesting the PICaxe will ever replace other systems, but I do maintain it is the easiest and cheapest way to get one's feet wet in this field.

And the greatest value is the ease with which one can later move into more advance areas. If a person has already learned PWM, ADC, I^C, LCD etc. on the PICaxe, then stepping up to more powerful and faster systems is much easier, I feel. At least, that's the way it has been for me. I definately feel my prior experience with PICaxe has made my transision into assembly and boostc, and the larger PICs, much easier. In other words, I already spoke the language.

Check out R H Anderson's web site, and even order out an 18X. You might be surprised.

Regards

I know of Peter Anderson's web site. I learned how to write Dallas one-wire CRC code and much more thanks to his tutorials.

Not sure why you're preaching to me when I was agreeing with you. A "PIC with training wheels" is one of the easiest ways to get started. But I'm already past the getting started part and I don't feel compelled to backtrack to a PicAxe when I need to focus on the 16 bit and 32 bit device platforms.

Mike

I know of Peter Anderson's web site. I learned how to write Dallas one-wire CRC code and much more thanks to his tutorials.

Not sure why you're preaching to me when I was agreeing with you. A "PIC with training wheels" is one of the easiest ways to get started. But I'm already past the getting started part and I don't feel compelled to backtrack to a PicAxe when I need to focus on the 16 bit and 32 bit device platforms.

Mike

Wasn't preaching to you, my friend, but to the masses who will read what you have to say. You, and others on this board, have the experience that newcomers flock to, so if I can plant a seed through you, so be it.

I see the "lurking" numbers to the right of each thread, and realize there are many out there who just might be learning on the Q. T. Much of what I have said is for their benefit.

Anyway, thanks for the support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back