Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need some advice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nye

i hope to start a degree in electronic engineering next year.So I thought learning some programming might come in handy. Is it better to learn Visual Basic or .Net???or are there any other programming languages that will b more useful??

VB is a rapid appln development tool and using .net u can develop appln even more faster . but if u need system level programming and fine control over the program, i'll prefer VC . so its u who should decide which way u want to go. i'll prefer VC++ first and then .NET

does VC stand for Visual C???and VC++, Visual C++??are they the same as C and C++??is it ok doin VC++ before VC and then goin on to .net??

oh and btw..i hav no prior programming experience

ok then..as u said, i think i'll start with VC++ and then go on to .net
thanks

VC++ uses many concepts of C++ , so u should know them very well . Also windows sdk has a lot of APIs wrapped by MFC . u should develop a general knowledge about what all classes/apis/functions are there . this is applicable to both VC++ and .NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back