Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need small project box with cutout for LCD display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone got any good leads on project boxes?

I need a sealed diecast aluminum box approx 2-2.5"w x 4"l x 2"d but it needs to have a cutout for an LCD display to show through.

I've looked around at the common box mfg's like Bud Ind. The size and material is common, the cutout is not. I can't find any with pre-cut windows.

Hi 211,

do you imagine any factory will produce a custom made enclosure for one buyer with one example?

Here is something you can do making your enclosure look professionally made.

Get yourself a fretsaw with metal cutting blades.

Use your PCB layout to draw (copy) the exact contours of the cut-out.

Drill four holes at each corner with a diameter not larger than the blade.

Use isapropanol alcohol (spirit) richly for a clean cut-out.

Depending on a steady movement of the saw blade and even alcohol feeding (using a brush) the cut will be clean and not require filing or any other treatment.

That's it! Be proud!

Boncuk

Anyone got any good leads on project boxes?

I need a sealed diecast aluminum box approx 2-2.5"w x 4"l x 2"d but it needs to have a cutout for an LCD display to show through.

I've looked around at the common box mfg's like Bud Ind. The size and material is common, the cutout is not. I can't find any with pre-cut windows.

hi,
You can buy a range of LCD bezel's
I would suggest a APS [plastic] IP65 or IP68 water proof box, they come in various sizes and they are not very expensive [ easy to drill and cut]
lcd bezel - Google Search

https://www.google.com/images?q=lcd...tle&resnum=2&ved=0CDIQsAQwAQ&biw=1327&bih=822

EDIT:
ABS boxes
https://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/b...e=en_UK&catalogId=&prevNValues=500006+1001393

Last edited:
The box is going to be small (see o.p.). The cutout is only 1.5 x .5"

I need diecast aluminum for durability. I anticipate this device to be used outdoors so it needs to be durable

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back