Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need replacement for SCR: FOR3G 9-C

Status
Not open for further replies.

tab a

I can't find a data sheet for this SCR , though at least one site says these were quite common.

This is in a Toshiba TV TP4688J, part D862, and I think is part of the low voltage power supply.

Thanks.

Yes, I found several sites with info on how to test--which is why I'm now looking for a replacement for the bad one I have.

Can't find anyone who carries the FOR3G so would like to know if someone can recommend a suitable equivalent?

Thanks.

Hmm, never saw this info source before; I noticed that one of the testing pages had a blurry photo of the NTE replacement guide. On a whim, I went to NTE, plugged FOR3G into their search window and they recommend NTE5405 as a replacement. There's even a data sheet for NTE5400 to 5409.. **broken link removed** appears to have one in stock for $2.32.

Boy do I feel uh.... stupid.

I've got the NTE site bookmarked and thought I'd checked all my sites. Apparently not.

MANY thanks for taking the time to help!

Boy do I feel uh.... stupid.
If it's any consolation, I didn't find it right away. I became intrigued when I read 'popular' on one website and 'cannot find' on several others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back