Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need remote switch for camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicksan

I bought a wireless camera that uses 9 volt on the camera and a wal-wart on the receiver. The 9 volt does not last long at all.
I would like to make some kind of remote (radio controlled) switch to turn on and off the camera when I need to.
Anyone have any hints or ideas how I could do this?
Would one of the zigbee modules be of use?

:?:

Tape a solenoid on the power and record buttons then create a circuit to pass a current to them when an infrared signal is received from a controller.

I'm not entirely serious.

Anyone have any idea? I just need a way to remotely turn (radio controlled) a device on and off.

There is no switch on the camera, just a 9V battery snap.

Replace the battery with a 9V DC adapter...and before it connects to the camera have it run by a relay which is switched on by radio signal.

It must use the battery. Yea, I would like to switch it on with a radio signal but what system? A radio for an rc car or something?
Maybe I can pickup a 2 channel RC car radio and use one channel to swith on the camera and the other to pan it?

Your problem is going to be the fact that any receiver that you use will draw current from the 9V battery while waiting for the "turn on" signal. Maybe the simplest solution is best: replace the 9V battery with 6 AA's in series. That'll give apx 5x - 10x the run time over an ordinary 9V battery. Will that be enough? If not, what about D cells? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back