Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need project ideas for class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skid2042

Hello

First, this is my first full semester of engineering classes and have only taken Circuits 1 before this. This is for a Electronics Circuits 1 class and this is my first project other then lab assignments. The instructor just gave this project to us out of nowhere and did not give to much information on what need to be done. I think I need to figure out some way to use what we learned in class so far to make something that is used in life and have a proposal by next week. We have learned about op-amps, diodes and just starting on BJTs. Might be able to use some other things but not to advanced. So any ideas on some simple circuits that I might be able to build on a breadboard.

Thanks

You could use an op-amp as a comparator. With the comparator you could create devices to compare voltage levels - a battery go/no-go indicator or something to indicate that an auto battery is charging (by means of voltage levels). Simple but useful.

The op-amp with an audio IC (LM386) might be used for a simple, hard-wired intercom.

Radio Shack used to have small books on applications- and one specifically for op-amps.

I have not been able to get to radio shack but been looking around and like the idea of a battery tester... might try to do a charger for a Ni-Mh AAA

any suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back