Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Pics programmed. Will pay...

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan991

Hi
I am building some circuits. I do know how to do that but I dont know what to do with the pics which need to be programmed. Its a pic12508(A) or 509(A). I have looked into the programming but thats going too far for me. Is it hard? or can someone buy them and do it for me. I have the hex file and the configuration fuses. I will Pay. The chips are only a few bucks but they are useless like that!
allan

How many? A PIC programmer is not that expensive and since you have the hex file & config fuses it might be cheaper to buy a programmer & ZIF socket.

Are they 12C508 or 12F508?

RS Components might do it.

I'm sure Microchip will do it but not for just 10.

Farnell **broken link removed** part no. 9847162 is microchip DV164120 that sells for AU$90.60

It consists of a PICKIT2 and a low pin count demo board. With that and a PC you can program the 12F508/9 ICs

The 12F508/9 have replaced the 12C508/9 ICs. I think that they take the same code.

If you want some programmed and sent to you, I could help. I know that I am on the other side of the world but they are very small and airmail won't be expensive.

allan991 said:
I need about 10 for starters, they are 12c508 or 9 or (A) whatever that is.

Search for a member who resides at Perth and try to reach him. Secondly, as you purchase 10 or more , check whether the seller can help you at some charges.

Diver300 said:
Farnell **broken link removed** part no. 9847162 is microchip DV164120 that sells for AU$90.60

It consists of a PICKIT2 and a low pin count demo board. With that and a PC you can program the 12F508/9 ICs

The 12F508/9 have replaced the 12C508/9 ICs. I think that they take the same code.

If you want some programmed and sent to you, I could help. I know that I am on the other side of the world but they are very small and airmail won't be expensive.
You are correct in suggesting use of 12F50x. But international mail would BE EXPENSIVE- no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back