Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need PCB layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

syber

Hi all,

Currently i'm working with tda7560 quad amplifier. Can anyone please help me in it. Actually i find it hard to design a pcb for it. Also i can't find any vero board for it.

Also if any one can suggest me the type of veroboard where the I.C. can fit properly and available in kolkata.

Please help me......

How are you designing your PCB? I assume you're using a form of CAD software, and if so...what PCB CAD software are you using?
I use Eagle (www.cadsoft.de) and it allows you to create parts, both a schematic symbol, and a PCB footprint. Makes life a lot easier once you get acustom to creating custom parts. The datasheet, as hero999 pointed out, has the dimensions for the package, which all you need to create a perfect PCB footprint.

As for 'veroboard', I've yet to see a generic' prototyping PCB (veroboard) with 1mm pitch (the pitch of the pins on the 'tda7560'), 1.27mm (0.05") yes, but not 1mm.

For prototyping with that chip, I'm afraid you're going to have to either use CAD software that allows creation of custom parts, or at least manually design the PCB completelyfrom scratch using the dimensions given in the datasheet. As for production....if getting a full PCB manufactured is not possible (beit for financial/geographical reasons) you could try andfind someone with a CNC drilling machine, to route out copper tracks in copper clad. And if you're absolutely desperate, manually route out the tracks yourself. I've done this before and its alot of work, 1mm is pretty much the smallest you can so with a dremel and a milling bit, or a knife.

My two cents,

Blueteeth.

The datasheet for the IC is full of numbers up to 80W/channel. It even says how much power with a saturated square-wave output. How many Watts per channel do you expect?

I noticed that with a 14.4V supply and a 4 ohm load it begins clipping at about 17Watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back