Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need PCB file for PICRONOS led wall clock from EPEMag

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcopart

Need help for PICRONOS led wall clock from EPEMag.

I build the "Picronos Wal Clock" (EPE June 2003).
When I load the "cronos431.hex" file the "WinPic800" display an error message (Line 186 Invalid checksum).
Can somebody help me?
Thanks !

Last edited:
I build the "Picronos Wal Clock" (EPE June 2003).
When I load the "cronos431.hex" file the "WinPic800" display an error message (Line 186 Invalid checksum).
Can somebody help me?
Thanks !

Sure. Use your text editor to edit one byte of the HEX as shown.

Attachments

• chksum.gif
    chksum.gif
    23.1 KB · Views: 240
Sure. Use your text editor to edit one byte of the HEX as shown.
Great Eblc1388!!

how is this correction possible in principle as I have one Frequency counter HEX file and gives an error in one of its lines !

Is it only by CRC check?

can it be also corrected if I upload the file?

Great Eblc1388!!

how is this correction possible in principle as I have one Frequency counter HEX file and gives an error in one of its lines !

Is it only by CRC check?

can it be also corrected if I upload the file?

Any such program can only correct the checksum part of the HEX file. The checksum is "NOT" used or loaded into the MCU. In some cases, one needs to tweak the checksum to 'FIT' the code. This usually happens when codes byte(s) is/are changed purposely to accomplish something by the user and the source code is not available.

You can download and use the following utility to do so. See this previous post for direction. It is the second last post on the page.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/error-programming-16f628.17244/

Last edited:
Any such program can only correct the checksum part of the HEX file. The checksum is "NOT" used or loaded into the MCU. In some cases, one needs to tweak the checksum to 'FIT' the code. This usually happens when codes byte(s) is/are changed purposely to accomplish something by the user and the source code is not available.

You can download and use the following utility to do so. See this previous post for direction. It is the second last post on the page.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/error-programming-16f628.17244/

Yes Sir, the file took me to express PCB, Idon't know why. After that when i clicked the file, it has called for the hex file
As I loaded the file under concern, it has shown error at the concerned line , no doubt
but could not further go down

Still a great tool and with lottle more study i may gain contol to be able to use it

Thanks Eblc1388

Incidentally i could have a source code of the prontos431.asm
after a some re adjustment, it has compiled on MPLAB and gave the hex file where the concerned bite is shown as"BE"

Yes Sir, the file took me to express PCB, Idon't know why. After that when i clicked the file, it has called for the hex file
As I loaded the file under concern, it has shown error at the concerned line , no doubt
but could not further go down

It has nothing to do with Express PCB. Sometimes a picture worth a thousand words.

Attachments

• helpget.gif
    helpget.gif
    30.4 KB · Views: 205
It has nothing to do with Express PCB. Sometimes a picture worth a thousand words.
I got it Eblc1388
but when i clicked the .exe file in the zip, god knows , it did something with express pcb already installed in my PC
of course , it did open up the file and showed the "X" symbol across the check-sum of the faulty line under consideration.
i didn't watch whether it has corrected it even
i shall make another trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back