Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need part name

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

looking for a part that I have seen used before. It plugs into a dip socket and you solder parts onto the terminals sticking up from part.
Want to use as a jumper over 2 supply traces.
instead of 8 wire jumpers this would be neater and cleaner than 8 seperate wires.

If I knew what to call it then I could find a picture of it.
I could maybe draw one.

If we look in the connectors chapter of RS Components catalog and specifically in production line items, DEB may find what he may be looking for.
However now a days no one is using such items.sometimes in 1980 to 95 they were used in communication equipments. It is aimed at frequently soldering locations in order to prevent PCB damage. Even a berg pin stick can be used for the same purpose, by cutting additional lead length.

P S: Yes , it is called component header. these are under RS Component Stock Nos 402-658,-664,-670,-686,-692 for 14,16,20,24 and 40 pins respectively.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back