Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need oscillator circuit diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnetman12003

Hi,

Can anyone provide me a "PROVEN" circuit diagram so I can construct a 6o hz or 100 hz 10 inch diameter air loop oscillator.

The circuit must be powered by a 19 volt DC source. It must use one 2n3055 transistor. Both loop coils must measure 10 inches - inside diameter. The windings of the coil wires must be #20 AWG and #24 AWG magnet wire. I need the total winding turns (or feet of wire) I must use for each loop. Along wirh whatever diodes, resistors, and capacitors that are needed to construct.

Given all the above information I am open for all electrical schematics that I can use to construct the oscillator. The one I have presently constructed oscillates at to high a frequency. All help will be most appreciated.

I am not to good with electronic theory application but can readily build any circuit following an electrical schematic.

Sounds a very obscure requirement?, but all I can suggest is that you will need a LOT of wire, an air cored coil for such a low frequency isn't going to be small!.

Is it a college project under prescription by the lecturers? I fear, as Nigel has already indicated, it will be huge in size and likely makes a big hole in the pocket of students who try to realize it.
Otherwise, it is a need to have 60 to 100Hz oscillator. there are other ways of doing it. for example, RC phase shift oscillator could be tried.

Need oscillator schematic

Hi All,

Go to go to GOOGLE and type in the word "TRACMAG"

This will bring up a Google page directing you to tracmag video #4 on U tube.

The fellow who is constructing these units is going to sell them for $150. He is in the production stages right now.

He has made 8 tracmag videos. Look at them all. Especially #8 where he is spinning a 3 inch diameter 1 inch thick disk neodium magnet at 6,000 rpm.

In the meantime I would like to replicate the tracmag power oscillator not illustrated that can spin disk magnets at a distance like he has shown.

To those deep into electronics what simple circuit might be used thats powerfull enough to do what he has shown. A large air core loop must have been used.

If someone figures this out please get back with me.

Thanks, Tom

That’s interesting.

I have two machines that wind that type of coil. The maximum size is 3 feet. The minimum size is 3 inches. I have other coil winders for the small coils. The largest we made is 8 feet.

With the price of copper today the coils will not be cheep. Years ago I had a worker winding coils all day long. The machines are retired now but I could drag them back out if there is a demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back