Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need OP AMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

PedroPT

Hi,

I'm using 741 in a project but it has such output resistance that it interfeers with the next stage.

I need to know the reference of a similar OP AMP with a much lower output resistance.

Could you give me advice on this one?

P.S. The op amp is just doing a buffer stage.

You might also mention what the input impedance of the following stage is?, it's rather relevent to the question.

Presumably it must be pretty low?, in order to cause problems.

But really, there's no reason to be using a 741 in the 21st century, in their day they were a decent little amp, but their day was many decades ago! - you can get FAR better amps for very little cost, in fact it's probably difficult to buy a worse opamp than a 741?.

Yes, 741 is pretty old, and has few problems (eg output can't go rail-to rail), but people still use it beacuse it's included in many designs...

thx

ok. I',ll try that one!

The input impedance is a 12 volt lamp. I really don't know what it measures in Ohms because I don't have the lamp here with me. But I guess you, who have a lot more knowledge in electronics than I, must have an ideia.

The lamp is used has a "reading" light inside a car. The project was just a simple, delay-adjustable, fade out.

Thanks once again.

Uff, why didn't you tell us before that you want to drive big load? In this case, simple emiter folower with NPN transistor would to the job. OpAmps are good for driving small loads, with NPN you can drive huge many Amps loads.

Huh, a lamp? Not wonder... You need a power transistor or FET for lamp driving from opamp output!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back