Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need of long range IR transmiter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't find the TSOP part number you listed.
A TSOP IR receiver starts with high gain then it reduces the gain if the input pulses are continuous because it thinks they are interference from compact fluorescent lights. The datasheet shows that bursts of pulses must be used (it says how many pulses in each burst and how much pause between bursts) for the gain to remain high.

The output is low current but can turn on a powerful PNP transistor through a series resistor. You don't need a comparator nor a PIC.

audioguru said:
www.datasheetarchive.com has never heard of the TSOP32238 IR receiver but knows about many other TSOP ones.

HI Audioguru,

have you not seen the attached file ? it was a download from them only-- but a series is covered where TSOP32238 is one of them

Details are avilable

how to create bursts using two 555 timer?Can anyone give me a circuit diagram ??

I am not using any PIC so these option is out.I am using one 555 timer to generate 33 Khz (TSOP 1333) but its continous one.How can the 2nd 555 timer be connected to create the bursts ?

ir transmitter and receiver long range 20ft

i have planned to do a mini project on this topic so plz assist me in dng this project by giving tips how 2 do and u plz help me by giving the block dig and description of this .

ok den how can we possibly transmit audio over ir??? do u mean its impossible....??!
IR is used in huge conference rooms to transmit different languages. An IR LED array with maybe 100 high power IR LEDs is used to reach a distance of about 30m. The portable receivers have high gain.

hmmm yaa im aware f tsops... and i dont want to transmit audio for as long as 30m distances... for my application, range around 5 to 6 meters wil do... i jus wanna kno wat wud be d rite components to use?? im jus a beginner having superficial knowledge.... pls help me out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back