Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need IP phone battery backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

nahid_tct

I have a IP phone. But it's haven't any battery. So when electricity gone then phone is fully stop. At this moment I need a battery backup for my ip phone. It's have 5v 1a adapter.

Now please help me how can I insert a battery in my IP phone?

This https://www.engadget.com/2012/05/09/brookstone-fuel-cell-usb-charger-lasts-two-weeks/ fuel cell based charger should be available in the next few months.

There should be instructs on the web to install an iphone battery. Warning the screwdriver is special too. Apparently it is not an easy task. The recommended way is to send it back to Apple. I thought the cost was about $80. As long as the delivery drivers aren't using Apple Maps, it should get there.

There are a number of battery powered USB chargers/adapters in the market as well.

Attention

IP phone means you need to backup you modem too doesnt it??

Thanks for reply!!

Fanvil IP Phone.jpg

Please see the attached image. I was mean this phone. It's have 5v ,1a adapter, But not battery. So at this moment when electricity down then phone is off. but I need if electricity will be down then my phone will be stable.

Regards
Nahid

Referring back to Doggy's question. Does your Internet modem have it's own battery back-up? And what about the neighborhood internet distribution point?. If they go down, then you will be without phone service even if your phone is still alive. Probably no way to know about anything beyond your walls, but if you need backup for both the modem and the phone then the easiest would be an AC UPS that both of those devices plug into.

Referring back to Doggy's question. Does your Internet modem have it's own battery back-up? And what about the neighborhood internet distribution point?. If they go down, then you will be without phone service even if your phone is still alive. Probably no way to know about anything beyond your walls, but if you need backup for both the modem and the phone then the easiest would be an AC UPS that both of those devices plug into.

Thanks for instant reply.

Internet source for IP Phone is switch using Ethernet cable.
They are always stable, So there not need backup.
I need backup for my IP phone.

So please instruction me how can I insert a battery and which circuit need to use.

i think for this i'd just use a 6v lead acid battery parallel with the DC supply wires, and a current limit resistor in series to that.
(get second opinion)

but again, where does you Ethernet cable come from, can you say furshure that your internet on computer/laptop still works in a power outage, only way is if your in a building providing network with their own backup systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back