Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Input on High Voltage Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobledoux

I have an application where I’m creating a replacement circuit for an existing solenoid driver.

I’m planning to use a flyback regulator to generate 180 volts that discharges through a 100 uf capacitor. These are the current values for the existing circuit. The solenoid is quite small.

I plan to run the setup using two AA batteries. How do I find out what to use to control the discharge circuit? I’m thinking that an IGBT might be the best choice.

Last edited:
Rapidly discharge of a capacitor into a load is often done with an SCR since it only requires a short, low-current pulse to trigger the discharge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back