Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Information For all IC Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermaine

Hello all,

Where can i find the information for all IC packaging that is available in the market?
I need information like eg: SOIC(small outline IC), how is it been manufactured and the type of material it has, the purpose of the material been used.
Pls advise and let me know as soon as possible.
Thanks so much.

shermaine

:)

Uhhh... I think you're sadly mistaken... if you mean you want the technical data on every IC out there... or do you mean the general materials used to make IC's like ABS/Steel/Tin, because if you want tech info on every IC out there... uhh... keep on looking because there's about 500,000 of them, and some are rather hard to find, I know, I still can't find anyone that sells an ATmega162L microprocessor, except for people who got it from a company, that got it from another company, who bought the overstock from another company who the company who makes it ships to, yeah, and I'm not paying $20 for one IC.

Hello,

How many IC packages r there available in the market now?
Any one out there knows or any recommended website that does indicate the package.
Pls advise and let me know.
Thanks so much.

shermaine
:)

As i mean, when i see only the frequently used types: over houndred of package types. Just make a wiew to PCB-designer software package directory...

Hello,

Any one knows where to find the IC knowledge or history of knowledge or any books to recommend me?
I need to get information like:
(a) Future Roadmap of IC development
(b) Body material of IC types
(c) Pin contact and plating material
(d) mechanical reliabilty.

Pls advise.
Thanks so much.

Aiight, I can answer this one, The only books you may be lucky enough to find with the info you're looking for would be about specific models with a lot of use, Like any model 555 timer, or the CD4040BE binary counter (Used in anything that needs 10 didgets and the ability to count up and down by 1).

Other than that, if you wanted EVERY IC, uhhh... I hope you have a few garages free, because I wasn't exaggerating with the number of IC's there are on the market, it's more than a couple hundred thousand.

If you want it just for general purposes, and want to know what Most are made of, by most meaning the majority of IC's, not anything specific, you could probably find a book like this in the tech section of your local library/book store, except for barnes and noble, their books are geared to specific areas of electronics: Old Semiconductors, New Semiconductors, Robotics, HAM Radio, Digital Information Transfer, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back