Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need info on infrared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aatish

Hey guys, i need to design a collision avoidance vehicle for my college project.

Could some one tell me how the tsop 1738 works or which books i should read

for info on how exactly infra rad tecnonlogy works.

If I was building a collision avoidance system for a vehicle I would NOT choose infrared as a detection technology. I'd scrap an old Polaroid camera's ultrasonic focusing circuit and hack it from that.

https://robotroom.com/Infrared555.html
Has a nice writeup on an infrared emitter which could then be detected by your tsop1738 receiver at 38kHz. The nice thing about using infrared with that is that it only looks for that 38kHz signal and thus ignores most of the ambient lighting. If you want more details on that, the guy David Cook goes into a lot of detail on it in his book which is mention on that website I provided a link for.

Hrm, my previous post seemed to have been deleted. There is a nice circuit for this on the web already. There's a book called "Intermediate Robot Building" and it has a robot the guy designs that drives around and avoids obstacles. If you do a google search for the book, you'll find his website, on which he has a circuit to produce a 38kHz infrared signal which could then be detected by your TSOP1738
Had this all in my previous post, maybe it got deleted because it had a web link in it and it was my first post? Dunno, thought it was really helpful since it was spot on for the project you're working on. I built a quick circuit on a breadboard last night to do just this kind of thing you're talking about. PM me and I can send you more details if you like.

Norlin said:
maybe it got deleted because it had a web link in it and it was my first post? Dunno
PM me and I can send you more details if you like.

Welcome to the fourm Norlin.

We use links to web pages all the time. That should not be a problem.

We share here.
PMing the details would keep everyone else from seeing them.

Heh, I just tried posting the link again to the guy's page which has the circuit and an explanation of it and it got instantly removed again...wonder what's going on, someone doesn't like that site? Anyhow, there's a page called Infrared555.html on his site robotroom dot com and it has a circuit diagram that would get you started with your project as well as some in depth information, he goes into more detail in his book but this should be more than enough to get you started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back