Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

windozeuser

I need Ideas of what I can construct on a breadboard using a CY7C164-25PC Static Ram IC. I recently picked up a crap load of them at a yard sale for $2. I got about 90 chips o.o.

any schematics would be appreciated. I just don't know what to build. If anyone can make something simple that uses it. Then thank you very much.

Thanks

you have spent $2 for some 90 chips that you don't know what to do with.

you are the man :-D
at that rate i have enough chips to sell for about $320.
what's your address? i'll bring them to you.
i might have some ferite core memory too. almost easier to use...

nah, who am i kidding. i might have bought them myself... :)

what kind of projects you are interested in? i find the major limitation
to be large number of pins. by the time you select mcu that can address the 16kx4 you probably got one that has much more memory built in.

Post the datasheet.Someone might get an idea off it.Btw: I have no idea what this chip looks like.(how much memory dose it have anyway?)

It cod be used to store sound if its big enugh.

It cod be used for about 5 s of 1 bit audio.

An 512K I2C EEPROM wod be much beter for this.It has only 8 pins (you need 2 to comunicate)and way more memory.

But an EEPROM cant record real time audio becose the write times are too slow.This chip can record audio no problem.

But the downside is you need a lot of pins on the MCU to interface it.But its easy to interface it just give it adres ang you get the data.

Audio recording wod be the right job for it.Since you need fast write times.

For dataloging i wod use the big EEPROMS since there you dont need to wire it that fast.

Its also perfect for a bufer since its realy fast.

Hey thanks for the replies :lol: Yeah I always buy electronics stuff at yard sales. I met alot of people from the military. They sell Surplus electronics and stuff. Boxes of chips and other goodies.

Yeah, Well I just want a simple circuit I can build to experiment with the basic operation of this chip. Since I never worked with static ram before. Then I could go from there to bigger projects.

thanks
P.s. - I have tons of other chips that I will probably be posting about, in the future.

Well, generally interfacing with RAM is something that you need to do with a microcontroller or computer, not with basic discrete circuitry.

However, if you have any experience with microcontrollers it shouldn't be too hard to play with!

82S130/BEA Fuse-Programmable PROM - On-Chip Addr Decode

74123/BEB JC is really SNJ74123J
I also have
SN37992J (6 of them)
SNJ54123J (8 of them)
74123DC ( 2 of them)
SNJ54LS138J ( 3 of them)
54123/BEB ( 2 0f them)

And the guy is going to give me more sh*t today
8)

Status
Not open for further replies.