Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need ideas to switch ac or dc up to 40v and 1a

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastline

Nominal voltage is 14V AC or DC. Nominal current is 500mA. Need something compact and hopefully surface mount. Were thinking a triac. We have a transistor designed in right now but doubting they will switch full wave AC.

A triac will not turn off with a DC load.

How about a small solid-state DC relay such as this? It's bidirectional so it will switch either AC or DC.

I did look at something similar BUT price was 12 bucks each!! I also cannot find your PN with any main suppliers. I just did a general search for ac/dc capable solid state relay. Are these typically pricy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back