Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need ideas for next project........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicksan

I have built a few autonomous robots and played with the boe bot and right now I am building a radio controlled wheelchair base wich I plan on installing a camera and robotic arm on.
I am getting bored with making things that I can program and let them roll around, it seems kinda old. I am looking to do somethng different.
I am looking for advice on a robotics related project that is more than just something that moves around and avoids objects.
I am thinking of maybe a electro/mechanical head that speaks and eyes that move maybe? I would like to do something different.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Something that takes a 3D file/render from something like Anim8or and carves/machines a real world object. :D

With an arm? Or with an automated, multi-output funnel-type device? lol. Overengineered, low performance but pretty vs practical, cheap, and boring.

My friend has bought a voice recorder IC, it is not cheap. There are 3 channels and can record in seconds only.

Hi there are plenty IC’s available for your time duration in ISD chips. From seconds to minutes.
Comparing to microcontrollers little bit expensive. But this money is a nut when comparing the price of a hobby robot.

Gayan Soyza said:
Hi there are plenty IC’s available for your time duration in ISD chips. From seconds to minutes.
Comparing to microcontrollers little bit expensive. But this money is a nut when comparing the price of a hobby robot.

Lol. Yeah the cost of the PCB usually outweights the cost of the entire circuit for me, and the mechanics far outweight the price of all the electronics. Redefines "cheap".

I like the autonomous lawnmower but I have nowere to use it, but I guess its all about making it, who cares if it gets used, LOL.
The color sorting thing sounds cool, but I would have to learn about how the camera and color recognition works.
I still have alot to do on my current project.

How about an inkjet printer that can print onto pcb board stock with waterproof (ie. permanent marker-style) ink. All you'd have to do is print and etch. Extra credit if it can do double-sided. Bet you could sell a couple of those ... :D
Jeff

jbeng said:
How about an inkjet printer that can print onto pcb board stock with waterproof (ie. permanent marker-style) ink. All you'd have to do is print and etch. Extra credit if it can do double-sided. Bet you could sell a couple of those ... :D
Jeff
That's a good idea :) Some printer can print on CDs, maybe they can be used?

Another advanced method, laser machine can be used to remove the unwanted copper layer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back