Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Hep With Project Ideas, Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaryJ-420

I am doing a project for my digital electronics class. I am having trouble finding a project online with the schematis. This project has to be done on a breadboard. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you very much. :)

Your subject line indicates you need help with ideas and that it has to be done on a breadboard. The breadboard will limit you in terms of frequency/speed and current. Give us more information and we'll help with ideas. Digital is fairly broad. Are you at the level where a microcontroller would be an expectation?

Now and then a student will try to get forum members to virtually do the work that's been assigned - or to find a completed project in place of doing the work. It's not clear to me that you are asking for that but I thought it worth mentioning.

Tell us more and we'll do what we can to stimulate your thinking and help you get unstuck as you do the work.

A blast from the past. In our electronic class, we have been asked to create a digital clock ONLY by using TTL circuits and using the AC line as clock source. A bonus applied to those added the alarm feature to it.

That was great and long to do using a bunch of counter and 7Segments display. today it could be done within the same day using a single Microcontroller with a LCD or still the 7 Segments display... and better in addition using a RTC like DS1307... things changed since 90's

Last edited:
Even if it's sound 70's technology, this project was asked in our basic logic circuit class in the 90's (hey... i was born in 70's). It was a good exercice and kind of challenge to use ONLY TTL's counter,comparator,display driver, gates and so on. At the end i filled 1 1/2 4 strips breadboard to do the whole thing. Yuk!

Sure we could use microcontroler in those years but it wasn't what the professor asked... too bad :( so much time lost but fun to do at the same time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back