Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolverine123

hey guys can anyone tell me what cable i have to use to connect this to my pc??? this is a port for a digital electric meter and i want to interface it with my pc, i want to get data of the meter to my pc.....

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Then whoever told you that should be able to tell you the cable type or pinout.

It's got 9 wires and so does a PC RS232 port. The square pad usually indicates pin 1

Last edited:
I see 8 pin positions with one pin missing.

Your pictures is showing header pins used for the 'port' access. Below is a picture of a connector type that would connect to those pins. You break the connector shown in the link to the length (# of pins) needed. You would then fill in one of the holes in the new mating connector to match the missing pin on the meter, that way it won't fit on backwards.

However without a pinout definition and voltage levels used there is not enough information to proceed with telling you how to build a PC compatable connection.

SparkFun Electronics - Break Away Female Headers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back