Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanveer131

Hi Guys,
I have a PCB with edge fingers and I want to make a PCB where a connector placed on the edge and we place edge fingers in it parallel to the first PCB. I don't know the type of this connector where my 62 mil thick PCB can fit. I have 50 connections on the fingers. Kindly help me to find the connector
Regards
Tanveer

If I understand your description correctly, you need an edgeboard connector. Go to digikey.com and search for edgeboard connector.

Re:

Hi,
Thanks for your help.
There are so many types of edge board connectors. I try finding it before but I couldn't find as per my requirement. I need an edge board connector in which I can place on my PCB where it can mate with not the other connector but the PCB which have fingers on the edge.Kindly Help
Best Regards
Tanveer

You are talking about the "fingers" like PCI cards in a PC? That is what an edge board connector does. What is the thickness in mm of the board, the number of "fingers", the width and spacing of the fingers?

Since I don't know which connector you want and there are many. You can look at www,digikey,com or https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2011/04/1322.pdf and then link to the datasheet. Spacing and pitch was easy to find. The board thickness looks like it could be derived. 1oz copper/2 oz copper might have a bearing too, but there are generally few PCB thicknesses. I doubt the plating thickness of the fingers matters much. There is quite a bit of slop with thickness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back