Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

howk

I have a stupid question of RC circuit. see attachment. The Vi is 5v and R is 1000ohm, the charge time is 5µs and discharge time is 5µs too. how can i find out the C value.
RC..jpg

charge time is:

V = 5V (1-e^(-t/CR))

discharge time is:

V = 5V(e^(-t/CR))

It depends on what you call 'charge time'. Full charge time is generally considered to be 5CR, where 1CR is called the time constant

You can work it out from there

thanks for you reply, but i do not now how can i find out C value and how much is the Vc? Vcmax = 5RC*Vi=? and Vc=Vi*(1-e^(-t/CR))==>C= ## . is that juist or not.

charge time is:

V = 5V (1-e^(-t/CR))

discharge time is:

V = 5V(e^(-t/CR))

It depends on what you call 'charge time'. Full charge time is generally considered to be 5CR, where 1CR is called the time constant

You can work it out from there

What is your definition of "charge time" and "discharge time". We need more information to help you solve your problem. There are too many unknowns. To find the C value we need to know how much the capacitor charges or discharges in 5µs.

What is your definition of "charge time" and "discharge time". We need more information to help you solve your problem. There are too many unknowns. To find the C value we need to know how much the capacitor charges or discharges in 5µs.

The charges time and discharges time for the capacitor or the frequentcy of the switch S. their are only knew that the Vi = 5V ,the R=1000.111ohm the frequency of the switch S is 100kHz of with another words the charges time and discharges time for capacitor both are 5µs. how much is the capacitor value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back