Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Hunter

You have received the design for a single transistor amplifier shown below from a colleague. Data sheets indicate the transistor has the following parameters under the pertinent operating conditions:
Vo = 0.75 V, hFE = hfe = 400, hie = 1800Ω, hoe = 37.5S

90-rmqv7t.jpg

1. Draw the DC equivalent circuit for the amplifier and use it to determine the DC bias point of the transistor by manual analysis. Provide a clear record of your working and state VBE, IC and VCE for the transistor. (10 marks)
2. Draw the AC equivalent circuit for the amplifier and use it to determine the performance parameters for the amplifier by manual analysis. Provide a clear record of your working and state: the resultant mid-band small signal gain in dB, the amplifier’s mid-band input and output impedance, the low-frequency turning point of the amplifier in Hz assuming that the input capacitor is dominant. (20 marks)
3. Enter the amplifier design into a circuit simulator such as Multisim. Conduct a DC operating point analysis to confirm the bias conditions of the transistor and an AC analysis to confirm the gain and low frequency turning point. Your submission should include a schematic for the circuit simulated and clear explanation of how the numerical results quoted have been derived. Where appropriate include simulator output graphics with annotations to indicate relevant results. Comment on how well or otherwise the simulated results match those calculated and what might be the reason for any discrepancies observed. (20 marks)

Why don't you do the simple excercise?
Don't you know how a transistor works?

Wts da simple exercise? dis is wt i have been given to do? Can u help me?
Yea i do know how a transistor works..
Can you help me with this?

1) Calculate the base voltage, emitter voltage and current and collector voltage.
2) Calculate the collector current and Vce.
3) Calculate the AC gain and the low frequency "turning point".

Which sim program will you use to simulate it?

Thank youu so far! But can you plzz be mre specific and explain how i should calculate dem?
I will be using multisim. Can you help more plzzz

It is simple to calculate the base, emitter and collector voltages if you know how a transistor works.
It is also simple to calculate the AC voltage gain.
Ask your teacher to teach you again how a transistor works. I am not a teacher of the basics.

Every time somebody posts a simulation from Multisim it seems that Multisim doesn't know if it is coming or going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back