Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with voice recognition module..

Status
Not open for further replies.

thalia

hello electromaster,

i am at the moment a student working on a voice recognition project. To give u an idea, the voice recognition ic is to be integrated into a robot to execute specific commands. I have chosen to work with the VD364 module from sensory inc.

I understand that the recognized output from this device is a binary no in parrallel form on the output pins, right? And the device hasnt an RS232 output!

What i want to do is to store the output/s in latches or flip flops, taking into consideration the clk synchro from the module and flip flop, then feeding it to the RS232 level or serial converter(which should i use), then finally to the microcontroller boards for the motors.

Is this feasible?Any advice? I need to develop an external development board seeing as the VD364 is preconfigured! Hence flip flops and RS232!

Sorry for lenghty note, wanted to be as clear as possible

regards,
thalia

The easiest solution would be to just use a microcontroller to read the parallel signal and send it with a built in UART.

RS232 level conveter chips just change the voltage of a signal they don't make it serial.

hi please i am working on a voice recognition security system that is meant to unlock upon recognition of the administrator's voice and i need help to go about it.my email is joachim_kenneth@yahoo.com. thANX

Last edited:
hi please i am working on a voice recognition security system that is meant to unlock upon recognition of the administrator's voice and i need help to go about it.my email is joachim_kenneth@yahoo.com. thANX

Goto the Microsoft web site and download all the free speech recognition programs that you require.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back