Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with Tub Grinder hobby project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason Dixon

I am trying to piece together a motor, and speed controller for a tub grinder(basically a turntable) as cheaply as possible. It has to be high torque tho, at least 1/2hp motor and low speed(0-50rpm).

I know next to nothing about electronics. Is it possible to use some kind of AC motor(with a potentiometer for the speed control) for this so I can plug it into a standard home socket? Or is this something only DC motors can do? Which would mean I have to buy an expensive power supply/converter?

What size motor and rpm's do washing machine's use?

Is this the same tub grinder that is posted on AllAboutCircuits/chat/need help with hobby project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back