Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with timer circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

leddpipe

Hello, Im new around here but not to electronics, but am seeking some help. I'm trying to come up with a simple 12vdc circuit. Ive tried to insert my block diagram but havent been able to sorry.
The idea is when the SPDT switch is in position "B" the bulb will function normally when the the main light switch is closed. When the SPDT switch is in position "A", 12V will activate a timer circuit(20-30 seconds) then the timer will send 12V to relay(NC), opening the circuit turning out the light.
Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Leddpipe

So i take it you are to lazy to look for a simple timer circuit yourself so would like someone to hand it to you.

Come on now! what you are asking is the most basic of any timer project and there would be 100's of posts on this forum and 1000's of threads on the net.

Try searching 555 timer, should give you millions of options.

SABorn was perhaps a little rough on you, but you did say you were not new to electronics, and that would imply that you had heard of 555 timer circuits, of which there are hundreds of examples on the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back