Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help with timed switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew Justus

I am a beginner and am in need of help figuring out the best way to create a timed switch. I am running a motor on a very basic circuit consisting of a battery, switch and the motor. Everything is working well but I want the switch to be able to cut off and on by itself every 5 seconds or so. I have read how to do it with PIC processors but it seems a little over the top for what I am wanting. Any advise on the best way to create what I am talking about.

Need to be able to turn the motor on for approximately second and then turn it off for 5 and then to continue the process. Any help would be much appreciated.

Everything is working well but I want the switch to be able to cut off and on by itself every 5 seconds or so.
Need to be able to turn the motor on for approximately second and then turn it off for 5 and then to continue the process.

The first sentence implies that off time will be 5 seconds and so will the on time be. Second sentence says different.

Anyway, the method that includes the smallest number of components is probably by using a 555 timer.

I haven't spend much time using the 555 timer, and also I cannot suggest the best possible search phrase to google for. But somebody on this forum can surely put a link to a relevant tutorial (or strait to a timer circuit with defined on and off time)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back