Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with this circuit board from dog fence shocker

Status
Not open for further replies.

insomnia

ok im still in the basics of electronics and was wondering if some one could help me out hope fully i can learn some thing from this i have no schematic drawing for this circuit basically this circuit is connected to a 9v battery im getting roughly 9v coming in to the circuit and on the small transformer im getting around 9v also towards the big transformer and inductors there its dead with the transistor before it there is a few smd resistors before this transistor also just curious what would the most common component on this circuit to go its prob a mil dollar question this board is covered stuff like grease its terrible stuff as can barely see the traces were the big transformer is thats were the out put is

Attachments

• 100_1360..JPG
    100_1360..JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 350
  • 100_1361..JPG
    100_1361..JPG
    2 MB · Views: 438
Last edited:
Your question is like asking - How long is a piece of string?

For us to make any sensible comments we would need a circuit of the unit, or at least better photos.

I suggest that you clean the grease off and trace out the circuit.

It's a fast switcher. Not an easy guess, and prone to what I call "cascade failures". One part fails and takes out 3 others. Most likely suspects include the high voltage capacitor and the power transistor(s).

Your question is like asking - How long is a piece of string?

For us to make any sensible comments we would need a circuit of the unit, or at least better photos.

I suggest that you clean the grease off and trace out the circuit.

thanks for replys what would be the best way to take of the grease of this board without damaging it

What's the point of posting a 12M pixel image if it's so badly blurred?

The image can be scaled down to 300x400 (120k pixel) and still show as much detail and take up 1000th of the disk space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back