Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with stator and regulator/rectifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

hizzo3

Ok i own a motorcycle, and they stator and regulator/rectifier has fried. On my bike model this is very common (kaw vulcan 750) as the electrical system is slighly sup par for what the bike needs. It actually causes a drain on the battery at idle until you hit about 2500 rpm.

I am wanting to rewind the stator but need help. It is a 3 phase system. I understand that i need to use a thicker gauge, but dont know how thick or how many turns (i would count but you have to destroy the wire to get it off since its epoxied in there). currently the oem unit produces about 350-400 watts.

I figure i will probably have to make a more robust regulator/rectifier as well.

Thanks

ok did some more research, found out my bike uses a Wye(star) wound stator. I am wanting to make a delta wound stator. to get over the voltage loss at idle i will add a few windings. that way instead of the stator creating much more voltage at higher speeds, it will create much more power....if anyone can help me out with the formula(i am sure that there is one somewhere) to find out the number of windings and gauge, it would be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back