Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with simple adjustable delay circuit. 555

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRD

I would appreciate any help with this simple project. I have some basic electronics knowledge and experience, but far from an Electrical Engineer. Basically I have an input that is initially high (13-14v) and then goes low (~0v) and stays low. I want the output to initially be low or open then go high at some time after the input goes low. I need the time to be adjustable from 30 sec to 5 min.

I was looking at delay circuits using 555 timers, but they seem to all be geared toward a shorter time delay.

TIA.

Colin's circuit should work if (a) you're not too concerned about the accuracy and long-term stability of the time period, (b) the input voltage can never exceed the circuit power supply voltage, (c) the 40106 is a CD40106, and (d) the supply voltage is < 15V (the rated max working voltage of a CD40106).

Thanks for all the help. I was able to get a 555 circuit to do what I needed, but I am interested in Collin's CD40106 circuit. I'm about to show my ignorance, but what what is that component to the right of the diode?

Last edited:
That is a SPST relay or more specifically, the rectangle is the relay coil and the parts to the right are the Normally Open (NO) contacts.
The diode is necessary to absorb the spike from the coil when it is turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back