Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help With Signal Amplitude Modulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

khorfo

I want to change a constant-amplitude sine wave(or any periodic wave) to variable-amplitude sine wave. For example a 1 Khz sine wave must have 4 V amplitude for 10ms duration and 8 V amplitude for other 10 ms duration like in the attached figure. I think this is called signal modulation. But I dont know how to setup a circuit that enables me to do it. I am not allowed to use IC's except 555 and 741.
Thank you for your answers..

Attachments

• fig3.gif
    fig3.gif
    22.2 KB · Views: 326
If you "aren't allowed" to use voltage-controlled amplifier ICs then make one.

Make an opamp amplifier with two feedback resistors in series to ground. Then use a transistor across the grounded resistor to short it which will increase the gain of the opamp.The input modulation turns the transistor on and off.

I would sketch it if it wasn't homework at school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back