Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with resistor math ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

strokedmaro

I have 2 solenoids that are read by a computer. Each solenoid has about 25 ohms and has 12 vdc applied all the time...solenoids are controlled by a ground supplied from a computer. I currently use two 25ohm, 5 watt resistors to "fool" the computer into seeing the solenoids and want to try and use just 1. How would I figure that out. Basically two grounded computer pins connected to a single resistor, connected to 12vdc. Any help appreciated. THANKS!

So, if I understand your correctly, you want some sort of relay simulator, that is something that has the same I draw as your relays. Using ohms law I=E/R 12v/25:eek:hm: = .48 amp Using ohms law again P = IxE 12 x .48 = 5.76W
But now you want to simulate two relay (In parallel I presume) so two 25 ohm resistors in parallel equals halve the value of two equal resistors, in this case 25:eek:hm: = 12.5:eek:hm: So I think you want a 12.5:eek:hm: resistor rated @ 12W or better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back