Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help with Remote control for remote boats

Status
Not open for further replies.

sal

hello.

i'm a student of engineering and i'm involved in a project related with RC of a boat. we are going to build a boat that can travel autonomous (without any human interference) but i don't know anything about RC of boats. can anyone tel me any link for subjects related with boats and RC of boats?

i will be very grateful for any help. :D

you will need a lot of radio parts to controll it.

you will need a motor,speed controller,servo,receiver,race battery pack and a transmitter. you can get all these parts from any r/c shop worldwide. here is an example **broken link removed**. hope that helped.:)

YOur local hobby shop will know everything about them. It's very much like an RC truck (or plane).

I'm guessing what you want to know is how to control the boat via a computer?

Basically the thing that drives the motor is an electronic speed controller that is meant to receive PWM pulses from a radio receiver. You just have to replace the radio receiver with a computer of some sorts to also output the same PWM pulses that the radio receiver would in order to control the motor driver (and hence the motor). From here the computer can do whatever other autnomous functions you need it to do.

Alternatively, you could also replace the motor driver altogether- probably not the best idea if it's a brushless motor since those controllers are harder to build, find, and are more expensive if they weren't made for RC.

dknguyen thanks for the sugestion. i will ask in my local hobby shop. but if there is any site with this subject plz put them here.

**broken link removed**
https://electronics.howstuffworks.com/rc-toy.htm

There are not many Google results for RC boats. Search for RC trucks and cars instead (not planes since they are more different from boats than the cars). Much of the technology is the same- the boat is simpler in most cases.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back