Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with proteus LCD project

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtnevada

Hello and Thanks in advance for your input.

I am new to pics. I have a copy of proteus 6.3 and prefer to learn pics use proteus because i dont have time to wire the circuits. I am tring to interface the Hitachi LCD to a pic16F628a using 4 bit mode. The program does not work at all.

1: I try the same code with actual hardware and works fine so my code is good.
2 I complile with MPlab and simulate and everything works fine.

3 I did a code in 8 bit mode with proteus and this works also so the LCD works with proteus. I have a sample 4bit project came with proteus but its in C. I dont understand a thing in Pic C programming. Only Assembly.

I even simulate the lcd using just switches and it only work in 8bit mode.

please can some tell why is this so and if you have a sample proteus project using 4 bit please email me. I only program in Assembly. please not C nor Basic.

Thank you.

gtnevada said:
Hello and Thanks in advance for your input.

I am new to pics. I have a copy of proteus 6.3 and prefer to learn pics use proteus because i dont have time to wire the circuits. I am tring to interface the Hitachi LCD to a pic16F628a using 4 bit mode. The program does not work at all.

1: I try the same code with actual hardware and works fine so my code is good.
2 I complile with MPlab and simulate and everything works fine.

3 I did a code in 8 bit mode with proteus and this works also so the LCD works with proteus. I have a sample 4bit project came with proteus but its in C. I dont understand a thing in Pic C programming. Only Assembly.

I even simulate the lcd using just switches and it only work in 8bit mode.

please can some tell why is this so and if you have a sample proteus project using 4 bit please email me. I only program in Assembly. please not C nor Basic.

Thank you.

I don't know anything about Proteus, but my tutorials have reliable, fast, well tested, 4 bit LCD code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back