Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with project

Status
Not open for further replies.

markland556

Well im planning on putting a computer in my car. So anyway this guy in India developed this board that hooks up to the com port of the computer and controls 3 servos to change vent locations in the car.

What i need made is a board that interprates the pulse width signal from teh servo connector into a transistor. My current A/C unit just has push buttons. If i replace the button with a transistor and with the program i can set what feature goes with whatever position on the servo..
So if someone made the board and had it pre-set with 5 locatons i will be able to set the program for those positions.

I would be more than willing to pay for this board to be made. I would need 3 of them.. I also have at least 2 others that would buy them..

Please post or email me at xboxonly@comcast.net, AIM:Markland556

You are willing to pay? Great!
Are you willing to give us some more information please?

A board with 5 pre-set locations?? Sorry, maybe I'm not following your request. What do you want on the board? Must one board have space for connecting 5 solenoids, including the computer (which I assume will be some micro processor of a kind)?

Can you give us more of an idea of exactly what you want.

Complete unclear to me

SPDCHK said:
Are you willing to give us some more information please?
You mean: Are you willing to give us some precise, clear information please?

SPDCHK said:
Can you give us more of an idea of exactly what you want.
And keep in mind that 1 sketch tells more than 1000 words...

Ok. Ill try to explain it.
Right now the program for the computer (normal PC) has buttons for like top vent bottem vent, AC on, AC off.. All the usual/ buttons knobs you have in your car for the air flow. This system was designed to hook up to like a ford and turn the knobs in the car. I dont have knobs in my car, i have switches, so i need a board that goes instead of each servo. So when the servo would be at 45 degrese it would trip a transistor, and at 60 degrese it would close the first one and trip another.

Im sure you are all still confused. Take a look at this thread, this is where the magic is starting. All the action happen in the last 8 pages. You should be able to figure it out.

A good preparation is half of the work...

Now the missing link and we can go take a look ...

Basicly you want a control unit for the temperature and air flow in you car.

I think you should start defining your needs. Something like you already said bottom vent, top vent, AC on/off, ... but then all of them. Not only this and that but concrete, for example speed and position of top vent, switch or push buttons for AC on/off, temperature higher, lower and so on.
Then check the hardware you already have motors, sensors, command buttons, ...
Finally describe the functionalities you need.

Just go buy a Cadillac, Mercedez, Jaguar or similar and the task is automatically accomplished for you.

I have a Mercedes. Thats what the problem is. Instead of a servo ouput i need it converted to transistors not servo movements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back