Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with project

Status
Not open for further replies.

TM8170

Hello all,

First, let me say this is my first electronic project, so my my knowledge is limited and my apologies if I do not use with correct terminology.

What I'm trying to do is use my PC to control two receivers (I am currently controlling them manually with a hand held transmitter) . I have seen others who have done this same project and have an idea of how to go about it but need some guidance. It looks like the others have done it via an Audrino Nano and micro transmitter. I have downloaded the PC software, Audrino code and a schematic of a similar device. Now all I have to do is build it.

I am gathering the components and I have my first question (of probably many). The hand held transmitter I am currently using is 433.92 mHz ASK modulation, so I believe the receivers are the same. The schematic I am going from uses an OOK transmitter. I was told these would not be compatible, correct? So can I just substitute it with one of the commercially available 433.92 mHz ASK transmitters with similar specs (listed below)? Any suggestions that would best match?

Min-Tipic-Max
Working frequency centre = 433.82-433.92-434.02 MHz
Voltage supply (Vs) = 3,5-5-5,5 V
Absorbed current = 3,5-5,7-6,3 mA
RF output power (E.R.P.) = 8-10-12 dBm
Output impedance pin 8 = 50 ohm.
RF spurious emissions -40 dBm
Modulation frequency 5 10 KHz
Input high logic level 3,5 5 5,5 V
Input low logic level 0V 0,2 V
Working temperature -20 +80 °C
Dimensions 25,4 x 12,43 x 2,5 mm