Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help with power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvid22

Hello Guys!

I need help with my casio piano that has no power adapter. The back says DC 12v + -. I'm just wondering if I can plug an another power adapter that has 12V 2am + - ? I went to their website and it says requires 12V 1.5am + - I'm just wondering what's the difference between 2am vs 1.5am will it break my piano?? I just don't want to spend another $ 30 for power adapter when I have extra one. I appreciate your help. God Bless!

Rec

The starter motor in my car uses 400A from the battery. The clock in the car also uses the battery but uses only a few thousandths of an Amp, not all 400 Amps.

Your piano uses 1.5A or less. It will work fine from a 2A supply that has the same voltage.

But the polarity must be correct or the piano mught blow up.

Thank you it works and by the way the polarity did not match when I doubled check the piano is + - and my adapter - = so what I did i just cut and switch the wires and it worked like a charm! thanks again, audioguru!

You need to know if that walwart was regulated or not. Unregulated ones only provide 12 volts at full 2 amps of current. Currents lower than that will cause the unit's voltage to increase well above the 12 volts you desire.
A regulated walwart will maintain a constant 12 volts from no load to full load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back