Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help with portable dvd player. Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

comehomealabama

Okay,i have an audiovox 7" portable dvd player and i'm having a problem. It won't play dvds. When i put a dvd in,it spins the disc for alittle bit and moves the lense around,then it says that there is no disk. When i put an audio cd in,it works fine so it can't be totally broken. Could someone tell me whats wrong with it and/or how to fix it?

may be the disc you are playing is a pirated disc. Some Audiovox players are sensitive in reading & playing DVD's especially they dont accept pirated disc's.

Well, if you are not playing a pirated disc there is a problem in your dvd. try to check the lens if it is dirty try to clean it first. then try again to play our dvd disc. I hope this helps. In worst cases they replace the lens with a replacement one.

comehomealabama said:
Okay,i have an audiovox 7" portable dvd player and i'm having a problem. It won't play dvds. When i put a dvd in,it spins the disc for alittle bit and moves the lense around,then it says that there is no disk. When i put an audio cd in,it works fine so it can't be totally broken. Could someone tell me whats wrong with it and/or how to fix it?

I'm sure problem with Lazer pic up.Inside ,in one lazer head there are two lazer sensors. One of for reading DVD and another one for reading audio disk.

comehomealabama said:
How much do you think it owuld cost to have this repaired?

And to the first response,i am not trying to play pirated DVDs.

It's depend were is you live.When I worked in repair, shop price on lazer was around 35-45$,but I do not know what price now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back