Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help With PCB Board For Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

firebirdjimbo

my problem is a blow amplifier for subwoofers, i need help finding a cross reference model of a certain mosfet because i can't seem to find any online. here are some pics i took of the damage. i'll have more questions above each pic, thanks. please click, and zoom in on each picture(CTRL+scroll)

ok, in this first picture i have the back of the pcb, it looks like 2 traces on the board were literally blown out, i resoldered thin wire to replace each trace and seems fine for now.
**broken link removed**

in this second pic there's what seem to be 2 black resistors one completely exploded off of the board (so i put a little solder where it was) and the others melted and done for. does anyone know what size/type they are so i can replace them? i can't find markings anywhere on them because they're toast.
**broken link removed**

in this picture, theres a blown mosfet(?) and its right next to the other one, so im just going to replace it with the same type but i dont know what it is exactly and the specs for it, it just says 4.3 on it.
**broken link removed**

in this picture are the leads to a mosfet that was blown, there were burns around the solder joints and on the top side of the pcb their are burns on the heatsink, in the end i tested all of the mosfets and out of 14 mosfets in total on this board 6 need replacing because they were cracked/blown or not reading correct ohms. i seemed to find all of the new mosfets i need from this website (taydaelectronics) and those mosfets are as follows IRF 9540(x2), IRF510A(x1) FKV550 which i couldnt find so im using (IRFZ44N(x1). but the one i couldn't find and need help with is; FRH10A15 i need 2 of them but cant find anywhere on the web to buy them, and was wondering if anyone knew the cross reference models i could use to replace this one or any mosfets that were close to the specs of this one i could use.
**broken link removed**

Did you try and google "FRH10A15"?
If you did you would find its not a mosfet but a dual diode.

ok, i downloaded the board layout (which i should have done in the first place) and got everything i need from there as far as parts list goes. and it turns out that the mosfet that blew before was not original and in fact was a IRF510A when it should have been a EKV550 like the rest of them. so i'll give sony my parts list and go from there, i dont have soldering/de-soldering tweezers for the small diodes so that will be an adventure. i hope sony has all these parts (i have all the part and model #'s) but i have a feeling they might not have the FCH10A15 and FRH10A15 Diodes i need. wish me luck :)

You should have crossed the parts to 3rd party venders. Alot cheeper.

ouch, $30 for just those 2 diodes. damn. i could buy 20 of the other kinds i need for like $8. thanks for the find KeepItSimple :)

these diodes need to be the correct part number, don't make any substitutions. just because you can get a "diode" cheaper doesn't mean it will work. are these schottky diodes or standard silicon diodes? what's the reverse recovery time of the original (extremely important, especially in a class D amp), what's the junction capacitance?

i see plenty of these "Xplode" amps where i work, and they're usually "DX'ed" (scrapped and exchanged) rather than repaired because once they fail, they;re really squirrely afterwards if they do get repaired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back